Goats milk is one of the most widely consumed milk drinks outside of the Western world. That's owing to its great taste (depending on the handling and storage) and its being packed full of nutrients.
Whats in one glass of goats milk?
- Calories: 168
- Saturated Fat: 6.5 grams / 33 percent DV*
- Carbohydrates: 11 grams / 4 percent DV
- Protein: 10.9 grams / 4 percent DV
- Cholesterol: 27 milligrams / 9 percent DV
- Sugars: 11 grams
- Sodium: 12 milligrams / 5 percent DV
- Calcium: 327 milligrams / 33 percent DV
- Phosphorous: 271 milligrams / 27 percent DV
- Magnesium: 34.2 milligrams / 9 percent DV
- Potassium: 498 milligrams / 14 percent DV
- Copper: 0.1 milligrams / 6 percent DV
- Zinc: 0.7 milligrams / 5 percent DV
- Vitamin A: 483 IU / 10 percent DV
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin): 0.3 milligrams / 20 percent DV
- Vitamin C: 3.2 milligrams / 5 percent DV
- Vitamin D: 29.3 IU / 7 percent DV
* DV - Daily Value
It's all these wonderful benefits that make drink and using goat milk products so good for your body, both inside and out.